Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God's Creation - PLEASE READ

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the AWE of God's creation! This is not "mother nature" or ...*choke* "mother earth*......

We are plagued by frogs. Well, not really plagued .....I love our tree frogs, our bullfrogs, and our toads. I love all amphibians..they are "skeeter eaters"! I just don't always love hearing their lovesick cries outside our bedroom window at night.

Night after night this poor boy wafted his serenade into the air and it fell onto deaf ears.

Finally this week, his call was returned. I thank our Creator that the courtship of toads is no longer than a few days! Aren't they a cute couple? Note the egg string draped across the oak leaf in the pond....
And today look at what is going on! The eggs are beginning to hatch! Don't they look strange? In all the years that I have had this little water garden....I have never seen tadpoles at this hatching stage! They don't even look like tadpoles, do they?!?!??!

But please remember, they are baby toads. Do they look like toads? No. Neither does a human baby 4 days after conception. But our Creator sees the creation. These ARE baby toads.


To our eyes, less than a week after the egg is fertilized, all we see are these little blobs. Our Creator sees the truth and knows each of us. Some of these tadpoles have died, some are not developed right, some will mature into tadpoles but not make it all the way to being toads. Some will be mature toads and next year will croak and call outside our bedroom window. God sees them and knows them.


Tomorrow is my oldest son's birthday.


It is also celebrated by many as "earth day" by folks that worship the creation rather than the Creator. The same folks that would try to put me behind bars if I squished these tadpoles..


......would be totally supportive if back in 1986....I made the choice to squish that tadpole growing in my womb.













6 comments:

Janet said...

Susan what a great comparison!! I wish the whole world could realize this!
Janet

Tonia said...

Great POST!! I found your blog from the Totally Natural Goat Yahoo group! The pictures were so cool and my girls loved it. The comparison was so good too!! HAve a blessed day!

JLB said...

I had to put my input on here of what earth day means....more money for the recyclables that I've been saving all year....more money to go in my daughters college fund...it's sad but true...that's it, all it means to me...lol

(tadpoles are cute! I wish we had more toads around here, I see maybe 5 a year and the skeeters are horrid!)

Michelle said...

Love this perspective. It never occurred to me before but makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing!!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

thanx for sharing that. I wish everyone felt the way we do!

Mama Mess said...

What a wonderful post! I completely agree with you. It is amazing that the same people who will take your dog away if you keep him outside, have no problems with killing human babies! Wonderful post and God Bless you and yours!