The Homestead Tomatoes have been out for a few weeks and are starting to grow...
The Bell Peppers are finally starting to grow...they don't appreciate these lovely cool evenings we've had lately...
We need to do some thinning on the carrots soon...
And we've been steadily harvesting lettuce for a couple of weeks....YUM!
A few of our older plants are looking good, in fact I've had this poor Bay tree for years and this is the best it has ever looked!
And our Sage is blooming for the first time.....
Speaking of blooms...here is one of the newer blooms on our Joseph's Coat rose...isn't it beautiful?
And another first for us is the blooms on our water Iris...they are 2 years old now and these are first flowers...
Over the weekend we stumbled across a sale table at Lowes....we bought 16 golden Raspberries...
and 10 Concord Grapes....all gallon pots....for $1 each!
Also this weekend we were able to bring home our new Anatolian Shepherd, "Koruma". She is our pick of Aegis' litter.
We finished up the month of April with butchering a few very nice meat chickens...
And we were blessed by a gift of some of the prettiest, tastiest East Texas grown Strawberries we've ever seen! Rebekah and I worked this afternoon to turn them into strawberry shortcake with white chocolate cream....
and of course a few pints of Strawberry Jam...
After a rough couple of weeks, we are wallowing in blessings! Thank you, Lord!
And now back to work!















2 comments:
Beautiful! Glad things are coming along nicely for you!
I love our Anatolian Shepherd (she looks just like the adult dog in your photo there). I have never owned one before this one, and I'm very glad I got her. I was wanting to spay her, but Steven thinks maybe he wants to have her bred some day.
Post a Comment