Once dried they look like this...and they taste wonderful! I can't wait to put some in oatmeal or a batch of granola...
I haven't canned any tomatoes yet this year, but I'm drying them at least twice a week. I thinly slice the larger ones, and the cherry tomatoes are just cut in half. These keep for over a year once dry.

I also picked a bunch of peppers, these are a mixture of sweet and hot peppers...once dried I'll rough chop them in the food processor to make pepper flakes that I add to soups, stews, and sauces.

With all this strange weather we've had strange bugs in the yard. We're really having problems with Mason Wasps, my doe Faith has more than 20 stings from them! Apparently they are attracted to white, because they are constantly getting in the milking parlor and yesterday I was stung by one while wearing a white shirt. We've also spotted a couple of colorful dragonflies and today I got a picture of this cute little guy. I think he looks like he's wearing sunglasses and smiling...

And I had to share this...my daughter picked out a couple of bantam chicks at the feed store earlier this year. The one that she decided to keep as a pet is a Japanese Bantam rooster and he's learning to crow. I think he sounds like someone is stepping on him. You be the judge.




No comments:
Post a Comment