Well, our annual CAE test results are in and I'm very happy to announce that ALL of our adult does are negative! We also tested Holly and Rita, and they are negative as well.
We will test the other babies as they get old enough for accurate testing.
This means that pasteurization is DONE !! That procedure uses up 4 hours of every day and now that I know we don't need it......We're going back to raw milk, baby!!
And, while it's still unofficial......Joy has earned her milk star for butterfat production!!!
53# at 180 DIM.....Not bad for a Recorded Grade!
Congratulations Joy, I knew you could do it!!
The Lord has brought our herd to goals this year that I never would have thought we'd reach. I give Him every bit of the Glory!!!

2 comments:
Congratulations! It all sounds so overwhelming. With the years it takes, just to build a good herd... I see someone that has developed a hard shell of patience that even the best of teachers would envy for their classrooms!
Yeah!!! That's so exciting! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment