Being from a family from the Punxy PA, area....I have heard plenty of weather predicting folk lore. Phil may be famous, but I have also learned that the wooly bear caterpillar is even more accurate with it's weather predicting skills; and there is a bit of scientific research behind this folk lore. Today, I got a picture of this little guy crawling across the patio. According to him, we'll have a mild winter.

Unfortunately last year the little fuzzy worms were totally wrong. I saw tons of them with a tiny belt of brown around their waist. We had a mild winter. I think the lore is backwards when it comes to Texas weather....and I think we're in for a bad winter.
Just in case, here's a close-up of the little guy....

I hope and pray he is right. I really do not like the cold.
1 comment:
Susan, That catepillar is as big as a pekinese! Thanks for sharing him!
Post a Comment