This is an F year for our goats.....and we've had a ball coming up with suggestions for names. Daydream should freshen first again this year. She's due Dec 27...but of course that is +/- 5 days. I've already moved her to the goatie day spa for her daily herbs, snacks, treats, and rubdowns. Check out that belly!
This is Daydream's 3rd freshening, she's never had a buckling...I'm praying that she'll continue that trend this year! She's the dam of Eve...the doe that placed 19th in the senior kids class at the ADGA Nationals this year. Her other 2010 daughter Lexi is just as beautiful, but doesn't like to show...so she's busy gestating here with her mother.....
She's not due until Jan, but this being her first freshening she's already huge. At 10 months she weighed 120 pounds....she's a big girl!
And our oldest doe, Happy, is in the running of the big bellies too.....She will be 10 years old when she freshens this year! I have to closely watch her condition, she's lost a few teeth.....but she's on strong feet and legs and birthed a set of triplets in Jan in 15 minutes flat!
None of the other girls compare to these bellies....of course some of these are June babies that will stay open until 2011....
Well, I guess showing the bellies wouldn't be right without showing the boyz.....Here's Pete in full rut looking like a big gorrilla....pardon the bald spot on his face-he found that rubbing the corner of the barn scratches that itch just fine....and the piece of straw stuck to his face....he's not looking his best these last few days of rut....
And don't let that sheepish shy look fool you...Ditto here makes some very nice babies and is good with the ladies.... But back to Daydream.....
If she kids on Christmas Day, I think we'll name one Frankincense. If she's off her due date by much we might name one of them Faux Paus. Then we have twin names such as Fife & Fiddle and Footloose & Fancy Free. I never know for sure until I see them. The relief of an easy kidding, uncomplicated delivery, and healthy kids comes before the naming.







3 comments:
Here's hoping for easy kidding's for all your girls!
They are all looking WONDERFUL! Look at the nice shine to their coats!
My fingers are crossed this is a doeling year. I don't need all those boys again!
I'll have to look at my name list and see what I have for you with F names.
Good luck with the babies!...
When I think of Frankicense as a name I always think of the movie 7 Brides for 7 Brothers... The dad had named each boy alphabetically from the bible and since he couldnt find a "F" name he used frankincense...
Post a Comment