We've had beautiful weather for nearly a week. Temps have been in the high 60's and 70's....even got to 81 one day this week. Do you think Dreamy would kid on one of those warm days? HECK NO!
Now it's a chilly 42ยบ, a cold front is moving in ..... do you think she'll kid today? HECK NO!
Friday night we're expecting temps in the 20's and rain. I'm expecting Christmas day kids. The kids have dropped, her ligaments are mushy soft.....and the belly is growing....
Now it's a chilly 42ยบ, a cold front is moving in ..... do you think she'll kid today? HECK NO!
Friday night we're expecting temps in the 20's and rain. I'm expecting Christmas day kids. The kids have dropped, her ligaments are mushy soft.....and the belly is growing....

She has stayed so lopsided this time....I'm hoping for triplet girls....but I guess that's just being greedy. No matter what she has, I hope and pray for a fast and safe delivery for her and her kids....I can't even imagine my backyard without this dreamy face....
And now for the big surprise! I've noticed that the turkeys have been breeding lately.....we found a nest that held 17 eggs! We've put 15 of them into the incubator since none of the hens are setting and we're expecting freezing temps.
The odd egg in the upper left is a mystery. I'm thinking it came from one of my RIR/Americana pullets....
Please ignore the filthy dirty incubator. All I can say is that it works...and works well. :)
The odd egg in the upper left is a mystery. I'm thinking it came from one of my RIR/Americana pullets....
Please ignore the filthy dirty incubator. All I can say is that it works...and works well. :)

1 comment:
Dirty incubators fall under the category of - " We pick our battles without sweating the small stuff! "
As long as it's healthy and not hungry... all is well!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! And - count your blessings! Have ya' seen the little blue cloud headed our way? I'm about to head out and get supplies to get our kitchen 'Locked and Loaded' before it hits! LOL
Post a Comment