Obviously we still have a bit of thinning to do....
Our horseradish is making its' appearance after the long winter....I harvested a root and made a tincture with it. (there are 7 plants in all)
The most spectacular spring appearance has been the beautiful Joseph's coat rose......
I love these beautiful flowers that morph from a creamy peach color at budding to a vibrant pink when the bloom fades.
This rose is named after one of the most significant stories in the Bible.
Also among the survived the winter is this little sage plant...that I thought was a gonner for sure....
And the big sage in the front herb garden has the most beautiful blossoms.....

We have planted a brand new grape this year, since my overpruning last year was the demise of our 4 year old grape. This one is a Seedless Concord and it looks promising...
For years I have wanted to plant a fig tree....and this year I have finally done it. It is over in mom's yard of course...far from the far reaching goatie lips....
The wild herbs are abundant this year and I've been gathering them......we've had small patches of cleaver...
And Curled Dock is abundant here.....I'm working on a tonic with curly dock, cleaver, dandelion, and nettle.
Of course our other spring favorites......Fiona...
and our keeper buckling this year....Frodo...
And of course no spring picture would be complete without our wonderful......World's Greatest Livestock Guardian dog......AEGIS...














3 comments:
Love all the glimpses of spring! Joseph's Coat is my favorite rose of all time. I had one years ago and need to plant another.
Love your buck, he's handsome for sure!
So you just pull up some garlic whenever you need to use some? I've always wondered if there was a special, or prime, time to harvest, or if I could just harvest whenever (we have tons of garlic, my grandmother planted it everywhere here years ago, and it spreads)
LOVE the coloring on those beautiful rose buds!
Tracy we usually just pull up a bulb....sometimes they haven't developed cloves yet, but they are still quite useable and tasty. We pull at least 2-3 a week from one of the 3 beds, trying to thin them down so they can make bulbs. These are all stiffneck garlic, it also makes wonderful garlic powder.
Post a Comment