The turkeys went from this....
To this...
We only butchered about half of them, they averaged just over 9 pounds. The remaining birds will be done for Christmas, and I'm hoping to have them up around 15 pounds by then.
About the time we were finishing up, a few family members stopped by for a visit...
The men folk gathered around Lil Blue....Bob's truck....to check for any signs of life...
Meanwhile the girls all played with the babies...
And Rylan demonstrated his fancy footwork....LOL






3 comments:
OH!!!!! You are SO NOT my friend!!!!!
Diet starts tomorrow.
After i finish off the pie.
Fortunately, the Happy Feet brought a smile to the look of horror on my face.
What kind of turkeys did you process??? I am hoping to add turkeys next year. I still have some chickens to process its the last batch of the year..
We raise the broad breasted white each year for butchering. We've got some heritage breeds, but keep them mostly for bug patrol and yard ornaments.
Post a Comment