Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Watched Pot

Still in waiting mode.  I let Fiona out for a bit today since she seems completely uninterested in going into labor.  She's been in the kidding stall during the days for a week now.  I keep her in the stall overnights in case she kids.  These are Sparta kids, so I am very anxious to see these babies!
And the turkey mama is still setting on a nest of chicken eggs.  Not sure how that's gonna work out...but at least they're not duck eggs...
Meanwhile the tom struts and waits.
We had to go into town to the hardware store and get a new drain for the ducktub.  We also got a ball valve to put on the drain line so that we don't have to use a plug.  I'm hoping to get that project finished early in the week so that I can start on the garden.  Right now the ducks' favorite resting spot is on the garlic....or in the garden spot.  We gotta get them penned up soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I see a new Children's Book coming on... unless you want the blood and gore included. LOL

Queenacres said...

And what do we call it? "The goat that said 'I think I can..wait'

Or one for the chicks that are going to hatch...."Sally has a turkey mama" LOL

~*~ Shar ~*~ said...

Come on Fiona! Get something started so you don't drive your folks nuts!