I am very pleased to announce that we have come to the conclusion of our 2013 kidding season!
What a ride!
Moon Pie waited for a special morning.....coldest recorded temperatures for the month of May in history.
I knew it would be today.....just as soon as I heard the forecast. She didn't disappoint me.
I moved her to the day spa early this morning while doing morning barn chores. Once I was done I came into the house for breakfast. Just as I sat down to eat...she started pushing. By the time I got things together and ran outside she was delivering a bubble. A couple more pushes and ....
at 10:35 am weighing 8# 6 oz she delivered a bouncing baby boy...
and then at 10:46am weighing 8# 9 oz the little doeling made her appearance...
These are Pete's kids, and I am thoroughly pleased with how they look! Pie is a fantastic producer, and she produces a high fat milk.
She gave 2 full quarts of colostrum this morning as her first milking. Since we are on milk test for the first time this year, I'm anxious to see if she earns her star. I'm certain she will.
Here are some more baby pictures for your admiration.
Now that the puppies are born, the incubators are off, and kidding is over....I can get a garden planted!!






3 comments:
Congratulations on all your beautiful babies!!!!!
My girls ligaments have been gone all day her bag is HUGE and shes been having contractions :) I'm in the barn with her now I'm sooo excited!!!!!!
Congratulations on your beautiful and bountiful conclusion to your kidding season!
For once, I can relate to that feeling when all the birthing is over. Just when we get caught up and ready to plant the raised beds... here comes more rain that will continue pouring over the entire weekend.
Just one more reason why I'd love for Mother Nature to come visit. I'd tie that wench's feet up and drag her up and down our driveway with our tractor!
Post a Comment