I'm not offering any excuses for not posting, it's the same old......it's kinda busy here.
This time of year means we are doing more canning. I was gifted with about 10 pounds of figs, and of course they must be turned into spicy fig preserves.
Also on the canning list is carrots. The grandboys spend a lot of time here, and since carrots is one of their favorite veggies....I'm obliged to put some into jars.
So that's been the weekend, canning carrots and making fig preserves. Of course, the carrot peelings and ends, and the fig tops (they were a little green) are turned into a lovely snack for the goaties.
The does were out browsing by the time I got the treats out there.....but old Faith knows when Mama calls, there's gonna be something good....
Lord willing, Faith will be 11 in January. Correction: 12 in January.
She is digging through the carrot peels to get down to the figs. I love this girl!
A good treat for breakfast keeps a girl happy!
One last gulp before the others catch on and there's a stampede.





2 comments:
We've been busy as well! I'm so glad that you are well and loved seeing your "old goat"! I hope my Tulip makes it to 11! She turned 9 in June and I'm not even close to ready to tell her goodbye!
Good to hear from you again and wishing you all the best! :)
Thank you, Goodwife!! It's just so busy here, keeping the grandboys 5 days a week, plus keeping up the homestead. I don't know if you saw the correction, but Lord willing, Faith will be 12 in January. She freshened this year with a single buckling that never did quite get on his feet. It wasn't my idea at all that she bred the last 2 years. She gets determined to breed when she wants, but we are trying to prevent that AGAIN due to her age. Like you, I'd rather have her around for a few more years!!! Actually I'd love if she thrived for another 12 years!
Glad to hear that you and yours are well! I pray you have a blessed life and family :)
Post a Comment