Okay, today we cracked open the first jar of canned butter and wow is it ever good! The flavor and aroma are wonderful....the canning process intensifies both! Yep, we'll be doing more of this!
What a wonderful idea. As a home canner of many years, veggies, fruit, meat, anything that fits a jar. I would have never dreamed of canning butter! Too bad, as several years ago I knew a lady who still milked and made that wonderful homemade sweet butter. I wonder how canning would have affected it? Probably not. I would buy enough to keep in the freezer, but this had to used within a limited time. Thank you so much for sharing this experience.
I'm new to canning, and really want to try this, but wanted to make sure. This makes it shelf stable? I can't wait to try it! I bought some butter on sale last week and its waiting in my refrigerator!
2 comments:
What a wonderful idea. As a home canner of many years, veggies, fruit, meat, anything that fits a jar. I would have never dreamed of canning butter!
Too bad, as several years ago I knew a lady who still milked and made that wonderful homemade sweet butter. I wonder how canning would have affected it? Probably not. I would buy enough to keep in the freezer, but this had to used within a limited time.
Thank you so much for sharing this experience.
I'm new to canning, and really want to try this, but wanted to make sure. This makes it shelf stable? I can't wait to try it! I bought some butter on sale last week and its waiting in my refrigerator!
Post a Comment