That leaves the big beautiful some-day-will-be buck barn. Which is where the does hang out. That's fine for summer nights and warm days...but not great for cold, rainy days and colder nights. It is, after all, just a roof.
Until today. We have no money....less than no money in fact....but by golley we have some great pallets (skids). The pallets were free for the hauling, and they are huge!


And now the does have more shelter. Once we add some hay, they will be quite cozy!! I feel much better now.
2 comments:
How do you have them fastened to the poles? Is this meant to be temporary, or more permanent? I like the idea, but wonder what a Kansas wind (here) would do to something like this if I tried to build something in this way.
They are attached to the upright supports with screws. The upright posts are in the ground nearly 3 feet. It's a pretty sturdy construction (the pallets are oak), but shouldn't have to withstand any sustained strong winds here. I am really surprised how cozy it stays inside, and should provide adequate shelter for the does over the winter.
Post a Comment