...okay, so it's not China...but it is more valuable to me than any set of dishes could be. My cast iron collection not only looks nice, but it is useful and well-used. One of these days Bob is going to build me a "china cabinet" for my treasures. That is if we ever get done with the other dozen projects already started!

We use these in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, and in the pit. There's not much you can't do with a good piece of iron, and these have proven their worth time after time.

2 comments:
I couldn't agree more! I love my cast iron and wouldn't give it up for the finest modern cooking utensils in the world! Next year my daughter will turn 12. For her birthday I'm giving her an old fashioned hope chest with hand embroidered sheets, a hand quilted quilt, and of course a starter set of good OLD cast iron! :)
I definitely want one of those heavy cast iron dutch oven pots, but they are usually over $60, so I keep scouring the flea markets for a good deal (which I haven't found yet).
Post a Comment