I didn't get a lot of pictures, making sausages is pretty labor intensive and messy...and my daughter was out of town visiting her cousins. These are the ground sticks, aka slim-jims.
Once pressed out of the jerky gun they are slow dried in the oven at 200º.
I made a LOT of slim-jims. I didn't count them, but it was about 5# of ground meat. That is a LOT of slim-jims!!
Once done, they are a very tasty treat packed with protein. Next was Summer Sausage and hot links. I dry these in the oven for a short time before moving them to the smoker. We made several varieties of Summer Sausages....Beef/Pork mixture (using our home grown pork), all Beef, and Venison/Pork with varying degrees of spiciness.
We should have the last of the meat done by the end of the weekend. We have a turkey ham in the cure, another turkey waiting to be smoked, and 9# of bologna setting up in the fridge.
And finally I took some time out and noticed how beautiful the trees in the yard are. We lost a big tree this year, but it hasn't hurt the view.





2 comments:
Those look soooooo...tasty. Now I'm hungry. Great post today- you always cover a nice variety of subjects! Thank you.
The Girl in the Pink Dress
Thank you! There is a lot going on, and this blog helps me think about the day and set more goals. Plus it's nice to have a diary of what God has allowed us to accomplish on our little piece of ground.
Post a Comment