Things have been busy around here...what else is new, huh? I've completely lost track of our food harvest tally for 2010. I have all my milking records of course, but haven't added any of them up. Math just isn't one of my favorite things to do, especially when there is plenty of work to get done around here. Speaking of work, peach season is officially over....we did a couple of new things this year besides the usual peach jam and peach halves. I made a peach & pecan preserve....
I made it using 8 cups of sliced peaches, 8 cups of sugar, 2 cups pecan halves...and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Place the sugar and peaches in a large stock pot (do not add water) and simmer over medium heat. Put the pecan halves in a heavy skillet over medium heat and toast, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar just as they have browned then add to the peach-sugar mixture. Simmer and stir over medium heat for about 2 hours until thick and bubbly. Then put into jars and seal. This is SO good and easy too!

And we've made the difficult decision to sell our California girl. I am certainly going to miss her, and especially the 6+ milk she gives us every day....but we're focusing our breeding on another line, and I just cannot keep them all. We're actively looking for the right home for her.




No comments:
Post a Comment