Saturday, November 6, 2010

Experiment in Drying Apricots

Our local Kroger has their canned fruit on sale this week.  I am trying an experiment.  We love dried apricots, and use a lot of them over the holidays....so I bought a few cans of canned apricots and am trying a drying experiment!
First I drained the fruit completely....
With the help of my faithful assistant of course....I don't know why Gracie felt like she had to help me....
I sprayed the tray with no-stick spray....just as I do anytime I'm drying fruit....
And we'll know in a few hours how it works!  There were 13 apricot halves in the can...not bad.  I got them for 50 cents a can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's see.... 6 apricots for 50 cents... Ya' put Wally World to shame, Lady! LOL I hope it works! Let us know!

Hey!!! Read my post!! Looks like I'm not having to wait until spring!!