Many of you remember me making the turkey trotter broth a few weeks ago. The general instructions for it were to drink a cup of it every day. The broth is like a liquid vitamin, but also has all of the minerals from the bones in proper ratio for absorption. The collagen from the skin and the joints is supposed to help your body make cartilage. In other words, it's supposed to be great for folks like me with arthritis in every joint and an achy body.
Well, I started drinking it every day, never missed a day until the 2 quarts I had made were gone. I never noticed a difference. That is, until about the third day after I stopped taking it!
The broth was helping, but benefits were so subtle that I didn't notice them until I had stopped drinking it.
So in doing the ducks this week I am using the feet and necks to make more. This is not something I ever want to run out of again....I'm thinking that any non-laying chicken around here may be using crutches soon...
Here's the duck foot batch, I let it chill in the fridge overnight and then I'll pop that fat cap off before using it. You know it's really good broth once it's chilled. The gelatin (which is the good stuff for your body) sets up and it's like meat jello.

1 comment:
Sounds very interesting. I have arthritis just about everywhere.
Post a Comment