I have been studying mushroom identification for a few months now. While I haven't yet even become an amateur mycologist as of yet, my studies have opened my eyes to the many forms of mushrooms growing in this area. I have found edibles in my foraging, but they were too old to harvest....and never found any edibles on our own property. I did have an amazing find over the weekend!
Meet Hericium coralloides aka the Coral Hedgehog Mushroom.
It is not only edible, it is also medicinal!
It's also kind of neat to look at. It's easy to see how it got its' name for sure!
And we harvested it on our own property!
It takes a lot of work to clean them....
And once cleaned, I put them into the food dryer to prepare them for long term storage...
Not that they'll be around long....soup and stew season is coming up!

No comments:
Post a Comment