Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Garden Update and More Garden Plans

After finding a deal on some shallots, and getting things finished in the garden, we've made a couple of additions to the garden. Here's the new Spring garden map.

I dug out the perimeter of the garden and then put down feed sacks and mulch to help keep the grass from invading. Once the seeds start sprouting, we'll use the same method between rows to help with weed control.I also planted 150 peat pots with the seeds that will go into our Summer garden.

The weather has turned cold and rainy, so I sure am glad that I got the work done while it was nice. The peat pots have been tented with heavy plastic to keep them nice and warm.


The goaties are growing well, these are the 4 girls that we still have. 1 of them is for sale, as are Faith's 2 kids. We are going to do some herd reduction so that we can keep 4 doe kids plus the 2 monster bucks. It'll mean some difficult decisions, but it will be better for the herd and our milk production in the long run.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could garden,will watch yours to learn some tricks hopefully;) I cannot say how much I want to come get that spotted boy,he would look so pretty on my farm LOL

Queenacres said...

Oh the spotted baby is a girl! She was the last kid born this kidding season. Isn't she a beauty?

Anonymous said...

I dunno why I thought buck,I remembered the pics and thought Dancer.And also becuase every spotted Nubian that I see & want is a buck LMAO Ok so I will come steal her then LOL

Queenacres said...

LOL! Her sister is for sale.