After a couple of nights of frost....today it looks like spring is just around the corner. The high for today is supposed to hit 62. With the warmer weather our chickens are in full production, so once again we hung out our sign... 

We usually get enough eggs to feed us, freeze a few for fall and winter baking, and then sell enough to pay for feed. Of course we give a lot of them away too!
I also selected another one of our meat birds to finish out this week. The meat birds spend the last week or 10 days in a finishing cage, where they are fed corn, veggies, and given all the clean water they want. 

Our last surviving blueberry bush is starting to bud as well....
Our doe Legacy is doing much better. She gave birth to triplets on Feb 17 and it was a very difficult birth. She is still a bit thin, but she is no longer running a fever and is getting around well. I very rarely use antibiotics in the goats, but this was one of those cases when it was necessary.
And of course my assistant was there to help me wrangle kids. 
And look at how well little Diva is is developing! I've already got 4 keeper kids this year....in my head I know I really can NOT keep this girl....but in my heart I sure do want to!
No comments:
Post a Comment