The baby carrots are wonderful. Slicing them lengthwise has worked out very well. Each dryer tray holds 1 pound bag.
Yesterday I was able to dry a total of 5 pounds...this is what they look like finished.
Today I've got 8 pounds in the dryer and will do 8 pounds a day until I get them all finished. Once they are dried I'll put them in long term storage.



3 comments:
Hi Queenacres! When you canned your button mushrooms how long did you process them? I'm make a really yummy chunky pasta sauce and would like to can it up next summer when my tomatoes are coming on like gangbusters. It has tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and some herbs and I'm trying to figure out a processing time. I was thinking 35 minutes in the pressure canner for pints would work? What do you think?? Thanks!
Goodwife
I did them for 60 mins and in plain salted water with a small pinch of citric acid to keep them from browning.
Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment