Earlier this year we split our herd of goats, trying to tighten our belts for the financial storm that we knew was coming. It was a difficult decision for me especially; since I not only had to sell goats that I loved very much, but also had been working for and breeding for years. It broke my heart to see them go, but I know in the long run it will all work out as it should. This year we were able to keep some amazing kids, including a very nice flashy buckling named Frodo....he's big, he's correct, and I can't wait to see his babies next year!
And of course we kept Faith's doeling from this year....Fiona.
She is built nearly as bad as her mother, but if she produces the quality of milk that her mother does...she can look like this!
Next we kept 2 of Silly's triplets from this year. These are the first 2 daughters out of Silly and I really don't want to decide between the two!
Filly:
And Fennel..
And our newest addition, who happens to be Happy's granddaughter, Fame...
But of course these aren't our only keeper kids. Our youngest daughter who is about 35 months pregnant helped me get these great pictures and more...so that I could do an update on our website. It really takes two to get pictures, and without her help I would have been stuck.
And my other keeper daughter....my little Lone Ranger. She knows just when to step up and help me, and last night was no exception. I was busy trying to sell some turkeys and she swooped in and milked goats for me so that I could help get turkeys caught and loaded. It's very cool when your kids come over to help without having to nag them! Here she is with our grandson, Rylan.
Now THERE's a real keeper kid!!
1 comment:
Your daughter who milked for you is a wonderful blessing!!
Love the looks of Frodo - he'll be a wonderful herd sire!
I'm afraid I've overdone it with keeping kids this year, and I may end up needing to sell some yearlngs next year, or God forbid, this winter. :/ Those are very tough decisions!w
Post a Comment