I can not imagine a homestead without dogs.....and I certainly can not imagine a home without a dog.
It took months before I got over having an acual outside dog.....Aegis is the World's Greatest LGD. It hurt to think of him outside....lonely....
*ugh*
the guilt.
But he does what he does. He does it well. Twice a day I give him food.....he watches the goats and he watches our home. He leaves for hours at a time, but always comes back home when we need him. We have his nephew also, Epoch. They work together as a team to keep the goats safe.
Today....our little Chihuaha, Popcorn was AWOL. We've been working on the house, and I just didn't watch the time that the Littles were outside.
Popcorn was GONE. Gone for over an hour! I was in full panic mode, in tears...thinking the worst....when I saw this....
See that tiny dot behind him?
See her in her pretty pink dress?
She was in SO much trouble!
But both of the big boys were there to watch her and kept her safe......
What great dogs they are!




3 comments:
Don't be too upset, she just wanted to run with the big dogs for once!
I love your blog!
Teenager? Ha!! Oh, those Daughters!
Oh Sista, i know that scared you!!! Jewels did the same thing one time, i called and called, then looked down the road and George and Ralph were flanking her and making her come back home. Those are the BEST dogs EVER. Every homestead should have an anatolian.
Post a Comment