But those aren't really the topic of this post. I will stuff those with a cream cheese mixture and deep fry them.....but that's not today.
Today I was able to harvest a small hand ful of Cubanella peppers. These are a sweet, blunt pepper that has a phenominal role in the making of a good pizza. .
After all the work of tending the seedlings and getting them growing.......now you have to pierce each one with a knife....actually a small slit on each side....
Then put them into a sanitized jar....
Meanwhile, prepare you pickling solution. I use a 50/50 water/vinegar solution. So I bring a cup of water to a full boil.....
And I mix it with a 50/50 blend of balsalmic and apple cider vinegars.....
Bring the pickling solution back up to a full boil and pour it into the jar over the peppers. Cap the jar and invert it....allowing it to cool to room temperature.
Once cooled to room temp, pop it in the fridge. This is not something you can do in bulk. This is a jar of peppers to keep in the fridge for making a few pizzas. Wait till you taste them!







No comments:
Post a Comment