Friday, June 29, 2012

Getting Ready for 2013

2013 should be one of our most exciting kidding season yet!  This year we will be breeding our 2nd and 3rd generations, and we will get a glimpse of what we're striving for in the newest kid crop.  We've decided to sell Frodo...you can read about him here http://www.queenacresonline.com/ForSale.html We are taking the herd in a different direction, and since I can only keep 6 bucks.....we're looking for a nice home for him.  He throws beautiful kids, has tons of milk in his bloodline, and you can't beat the flashy color.  He would be very reasonably priced for the right home, especially for one of my readers.

So our stud list this year is:
Manny
Pete
Sparta
Moon
Beaux
Ditto will be vacationing at TUH

Our does this year are:
Faith - 9th freshen
Cilly - 3rd freshen
Moon Pie - 3rd freshen
Fiona - 2nd freshen
Filly - 2nd freshen

All of these will be first fresheners.  Am I a glutton for punnishment or what?
Joy
Nommy
Fame
Fennel
Ginger
Genesis
Glory

Taking the year off will be:
Lace - milking her through
Angel - milking her through

Yes folks, that's a dozen kiddings if all goes well.  I've got one month to get everybody in tip-top condition and make the plans.  I am hoping to have kidding finished by the end of Feb.  First we have to run their annual bloodwork, trim hooves, be sure they are all fat and sassy (can check that one off already).

2 comments:

by Chickory Blossom said...

....and i spent all kinds of time making my breeding plans and running pedigrees and probabilities, and the Sparta jumped the fence. I guess they were all just HAPPY thoughts!!!!

Queenacres said...

Sparta is a good boy here. Serious lock-down with 3 burly roomates are keeping him too busy to think about what the girls are doing.