MoonPie is doing very well with little Cabrito...
He is nursing so well, he hasn't had a supplemental bottle since Sunday night...note how deflated the left teat is....he was taking a break when I got this picture....before attacking the right teat. She is a heavy milker and he has to stop and rest because he gets so much milk. I'm still getting about 4# of milk a day from her...besides what he gets.
Meanwhile, Fennel gives a two hooves up approval of the new bale of hay....
And Fiona is going through another bizarre faze. Her front end is going through a growth spurt....and her backend is getting more goofy looking...I sure do love this goat. LOL
Our mama turkeys are all busy with eggs and/or babies....which leaves the tom rather bored....and flirting with everything.
And hopefully our rabbits are working on some bunnies....we put the boy in the colony pen last week for a day. We have the dark eared mama...
and the NZW mama...
They each have a separate nest tunnel, and both have kindled twice...but never successfully raised their kits. Every time they get babies going we have a rain that floods their nest. This time we're going to try putting an above ground nest in the pen to see if they will use it. This will be our last attempt at breeding them until Fall due to the heat.







2 comments:
Man, that's a lot of whipped cream! LOL Hope you have pure good luck with this last attempt at a batch of kits! Considering the heat... I wouldn't let her keep more than six. I tried a couple times to go with eight while living up around Sam Rayburn Lake during this time of year. Almost lost 2 great Does. Granny Smith Apples! They love 'em!
Weldr, I'll let them have and raise what they will. We keep 2 Ltr pop bottles full of water in the freezer and put them in the cage with the buck during the heat. If it gets too hot we'll do that with the does in the colony pen...but so far their tunnels are kinda cool!
We've gone fishing at Lake fork close to Sam Rayburn....it's a couple hours west of us. Small world!
Post a Comment