Monday, August 20, 2012

New Homestead Helper

What a crazy Summer it has been.  We've taken some really hard hits this year, but we have also had some tremendous blessings.  With me being so busy with Lace, I haven't shared the blessing we had in July.

As many of you know, we avoid debt like the plague.  As a result, we have only had 1 running vehicle for many years.  It's been over 20 years since I've done any driving.  All along I have had in my mind a particular vehicle that I was praying for....if we ever got to the place where we could afford it.  It's always been an F150 extended cab.  The year wasn't that important to me, but I had a few particulars in mind.
First it had to be something we could afford. 
Second, it had to have a clean windshield...no chips or cracks. (I'm just strange that way)
Third, it had to have a straight bumper.  Every truck we've owned has had a bent bumper!
and finally....it had to be something that we could use to haul goats to shows (reliable).

On July 16 one of the men that Bob works with was driving his father-in-law's truck, helping him sell it.  As soon as Bob saw the truck he sent me pictures of it....
My heart skipped a beat.  I mean was he kidding on the price?  Really?
I knew it was MY truck!
This truck was ABSOLUTELY an answer to prayer!  She was a 1 owner, well-maintained truck.  Brand new 8-ply tires.  Toolbox.  Grill guard.  Did you see the bumpers?  Straight as an arrow front and back.  Toolbox, 4X4, towing package, fog lights (important to me since I have night blindness).  The extended cab has a comfy back seat without sacrificing bed space.  She hauls 17 bales of hay.  She's been well taken care of her whole life, and should be a solid, reliable vehicle for years to come.
Saw a picture of her on July 16......and she was mine on July 18 before noon.  An answer to prayer.  What a great husband I have.  Not only did he buy me this great truck, but he's allowing me to put "girl touches" on it.  The seatcover has hot pink stripes.  And check out the valve stem covers....the Queen has her crowns...
My knight in shining armor provided me with a faithful steed.  And her name is Black Beauty!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful!!! Love it when God works things out like that!

Unknown said...

Ha!! How awesome is that! Congratulations!!!