Back in April I found a new method of preserving eggs without refrigeration. I decided to do an experiment to see if the method works. I am here to report epic failure. I oiled 3 dozen eggs and kept them in a temperature controlled room (actually my herb closet). This morning, after searching for several minutes I was able to located the horrid smell coming from the eggs! Here's the original post http://queenacresonline.blogspot.com/2012/03/incredibleediblepreserving-eggs.html
Guess I'll be trying to locate some waterglass next.
So far freezing is the best option.
2 comments:
Eeewwww I always wondered about oiling eggs.. I think I wont try it based on your experiences!
a couple of months ago, i tore up a shelf unit trying to find the dead mouse that was tainting the entire house. turned out it was an egg in the bottom of my egg basket that had cracked.
have we figured out how to dehydrate eggs yet?
Post a Comment