It's a Graco Secure Coverage Baby monitor. About $25 including tax + 3 AA batteries.
Yes, that's right. I'm a whimp. I didn't use one of these for my own children (probably because they were in the bedroom with us until they were 2)...but now I am old and lazy and my back hurts.
I wasn't willing to leave Angel alone for the 1+ hours it would have taken to go to Walmart....so I sent my pregnant daughter. It's okay, she stayed in the baby department starry-eyed and making plans...before bringing my new little friend home.
Biggest drawback to this device so far is that you have to leave it on for an initial charge for 16 hours!
On the other hand, it's rechargable so I don't have to feed it batteries all the time (the base takes batteries in case of power outtage), but the handset is rechargable.
This morning it is my favorite radio station. We have another winter storm coming in, and rather than having to bundle up and drudge out there to check on her....I can listen from inside and cook some stew and bake bread!
Of course being the paranoid goatkeeper that I am.....I have run out there 6 times already this morning trying to learn what the "noises" are.

2 comments:
I had one for my kids and it was still in workign condition whenI got rid of it!! Nooowww I wish I had it! Both bases plugged in and since I have electric in the barn I could plug it in and not worry about batteries..
I need something Since we are starting the count down.. Tomorrow is day 145!!
It's not helping me right now with all the sleet on the metal barn roof....I can't hear what she's doing.
I do like having it though! I can listen and at least have an idea of what's going on out there!
Post a Comment