My most elderly goat, Happy....aka Happiness....aka HappyHappyJoyJoy......has been unwell for a few weeks. We have done the usual array of therapies to no avail. She carried her pregnancy well and looked fantastic. She freshened Jan 7, with an easy delivery...but has not done well since shortly after. She had lost a bit of weight and never came into milk. I stopped milking her because of her condition. Around the end of Jan I noticed a small tumor on her right shoulder, way below the skin.
On Feb 10 she was a very thin 165pounds
On Feb 20 she was a painfully thin 140 pounds
I started her on a regimine of herbs, acidopholis, DYNE, Wheat Germ Oil, and B vitamins. The only way to get the mixture into her is to soak doughnuts in the mixture then feed them to her. Whatever she wants. She did regain 2 pounds this week.
Today the vet is running her bloodwork to make sure her kidney, and liver function is up to par.
I don't want her to suffer, but I'm not sure I'm ready to let her go. We will probably know today.
3 comments:
Thinking of you, and her, and hoping all goes well...
I'm so sorry!
Keeping BOTH of you in my prayers. I hope everything makes a turn for much better direction.
Post a Comment