Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Season

We have made major changes in our lives over the last few months, and we are now entering a new season of our life.

Obviously every aspect of our life is important...God, family, food, health.  God is the foundation of our life and He never changes.  I need to make that clear before I continue.....because even though our lives are evolving....our God never changes, never ceases, never wavers.  Without God there is nothing.  Without the love of God, there is no hope.

Our family has changed at what seems to be the speed of light.  Or maybe sound (I tend to be too loud).  Our sons are grown men now.  Our oldest daughter is grown and has a son of her own.  And despite our best efforts and guidance, our youngest daughter will be a teenage mother this summer.

Our family structure has changed, and with it our homestead goals.  We no longer have to produce and/or can food for a pack of teenagers.  Bob and I are getting older (sometimes it seems we age months in just a matter of hours!), and our needs have evolved once again.  Remember, we were homesteaders when we first married in 1986.

I am thankful that God has brought us through.  Despite the troubles, our family bond is close.  I am thankful that we can be close together as a family.  I know it all will come together with purpose.  I pray that we all have the strength to endure and press on.

I have made the decision to sell half of my goat herd.  I have to reduce the feed burden for a while.  The decision is heartbreaking, but arrangements have to be made.  We have to regroup.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Isn't it comforting to know that God is always the same?

Prayers for your family, and your critters as you move forward.

Mama Mess said...

He is the Great Comforter and it's a wonderful feeling to know that even when we feel as if we are spinning out of control, God is an unerring navigator who will bring us through.