Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wrestling With an Un-Happy Decision

Happy did not gain any weight this week, and she has refused her grain and herbs for 2 days.  Every time she gets to this point, she does something remarkable that makes me change my mind.  So far today that has not happened.  Tonight I am going to give her a shot of Banamine to make her more comfortable.  If she doesn't eat breakfast in the morning, I will know that it is time to let her go.

These cold nights are just so hard on her, and I keep thinking that once the weather warms again she will feel better and start eating....but I wonder if it is just wishful thinking.  Please remember her in your prayers and thoughts.

2 comments:

Mama Mess said...

Ahh, I'm sorry!

Unknown said...

Bless her heart - and yours. I dunno, Susan. Walk through it with faith. It's about all we can do. Just remember - if you walk through it with faith - and God decides to put it in your heart that He wants her back home... you can ask for compensation of a blessing to honor her. And He will bless you.