Friday, December 2, 2011

Counting our blessings!

I have been a little down this week.  I get very frustrated when I have so much to do and it doesn't seem like I am getting much accomplished.  Despite how frequently I manage to hurt myself, it is a rare thing for me to be out of commission for long.  It has been weeks of frustration with this knee and every time I think I've got it beat I have a setback.  I think sometimes these things happen as a way of God telling us that we need to rest ... to prepare for more work ahead!

So this week I have been counting blessings.  This morning we were blessed by this beautiful sunrise.  The picture just does not do justice to the awesome pinks and purples that lit up the morning sky.

We have friends that are avid hunters.  They spend at least one week focusing on reaching their limit on deer, and share the meat with us.  This year it was a family event and the deer were plentiful....so they gifted us with several large pieces! 
I've spent the last few days de-boning it all....
I stopped to use my new toy tool.....

And ground enough venison for a nice pot of chili for our supper....
complete with some peppers and garlic from the garden... 
And I am happy to report that the venison has all been de-boned (the dogs happily disposed of the bones for us), the steaks and roasts cut & packaged, and the pieces for jerky and sausage separated. 
45.6# of boneless venison!  Considering the price of beef this year, this will be our red meat for the winter.  What a blessing!

1 comment:

by Chickory Blossom said...

Very Nice!!!

And don't be blue....we love you!!!