Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Goal

We have had our day of thanks, and all that went with it.  What a fantastic day it was!  It was a day to rejoice and endulge, while giving thanks to God for all of our blessings.  I LOVE Fall, I LOVE the season of thanks (harvesting)...but I think part of that love is due to the upcoming event (Christmas)
I have a tendency to decorate the house.....especially when seasons change or around holidays. 

Today, Gourdy took charge and the things of Fall began a transformation toward Christmas....

Last year she wore a santa hat.  One day I will tell you the story of Gourdy....but I think ChickoryBlossom can tell the tale better.  Gourdy was a gift from CB and I love this gourd. 

Okay so the Fall stuff is getting packed up to bring on Christmas and my house is a mess....

Bob is sorting lights...Grace helps by giving that dark background so that he can find the burned out bulbs...

I got the boot arrangement done (boots were a gift of CB a couple years ago)...

And this great vase I found at a thrift store this week......I got another arrangement done....

Fall and Thanksgiving are about earthly things given to us as blessings as a reward for our hard work.

Christmas is about the birth of Christ and His redeeming love by faith alone.

1 comment:

by Chickory Blossom said...

Gordy looks great...think i am partial to the antlers--unless we have something that involves maribou feathers...

Am delighted to see the boots put to use, and it does my heart so much good to see the Nativity displayed. Aunt Lu has really been in my thoughts, lately.

Enjoy the season, sister!!