Friday, November 25, 2011

The Thanksgiving Feast!

What a great day of food and fellowship!
I pretty much stayed busy getting the food ready beginning at 5am.  I sorta had a plan for what time it would all come together but that got quickly changed when the big turkey was done way sooner than expected.....and the smoked turkey was way late.  Everything else in between went rather smoothly for this place!
The GREATEST part of the day is that I got to spend time with my dear friend Chickory Blossom....we even got our picture together!
Also great was that our youngest daughter Bekah and her sidekick Lisa came in the night before and stayed the night and through the meal.  It's great spending time together with them and was nice to have a full house.  Of course Levi has been here with us most of the week, and at one point yesterday we had all 4 kids under our roof again.....and I'm proud to announce that the house is still standing. 
Catey and Grandma watch nervously as our big TBird is brought out for carving.  Bob just doesn't know where to begin!
 
Meanwhile...have a look at the dessert table!  Pies, pies pies cookies greenstuff pies yummmm....
Here's the best shot of the food on the table.  We were all so hungry it went pretty fast....


From left to right in this picture is Catey, Grandma, Curtis, Stephanie, Lisa, and Bekah.....and food.

Here is Levi, Ben, Lisa, Terra, and Bekah....and more food
and the littlest member of the family......who managed to sleep through Thanksgiving Dinner......

2 comments:

by Chickory Blossom said...

Thank you so much for including me in your fabulous feast--i was miserable for two days--and it was wonderful to spend the day with "family of choice." I am also most thankful that i was having a good hair day, since you posted my pic.

You guys out there shudda seen that turkey...it was a sight to behold, and perfectly roasted. YUM!

Queenacres said...

Thank you I am THRILLED that you were able to be with us!

Glad you liked your pic, will do mine as soon as I get time.