Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Additions

In case you can't tell....I really love my goats.  Especially this time of year.  I can spend hours outside just spending time with them, brushing them, and watching them play.  In return, they give us luscious milk for us to drink, make cheeses, and make soaps.  You might even say I'm a bit nuts about my goats, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to find this sign...
Keeping goat kids busy and out of trouble can be a full time job; and this year we have a new addition to the kid pen....as you can see, I had fun painting it...
And of course Gidget the barn princess claimed it as her new throne and booted her sister off of it....
If you look closely and count the goats...you notice that there are now 4 instead of 3.  This new addition is a little buckling that I am helping a friend raise.  He's a combination of my 2 favorite Nubian bloodlines and we're already making breeding plans happy thoughts about breeding him to Glory in the fall.
Here's a picture of Glory with him in the background; you can almost see her spots in the pic.  I have no idea why she decided to gnaw on the stall wall....he looks a bit scrunchy in the picture because it was cold this morning. 
And Frodo got a promotion today....he got moved to the big boy pen.  He's being extra rowdy and not giving Ditto a moment's peace.  I'll try to get pictures of him with Manny and Pete tomorrow; it's hard to believe that this boy will just be turning 1 year old next week.
I can't wait to see his daughters!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids are just adorable! That buck has some seriously beautiful ears! :) I'd be having "happy thoughts" about him also!

by Chickory Blossom said...

I love it...Happy Thoughts indeed!

And OF COURSE Gidget would be the princess.....

Unknown said...

Too funny! You should park a lawn chair beside the gate with the sign!

Tonia said...

Beautiful Babies!!! Love the parking sign!!

Amy E said...

I love goat babies. So far our count is five, with two more mamas yet to deliver. I'd love to switch from Boers to Nubians (we have a 6 month old Nubian buck we were recently given) but my husband wants the meat goats. (sigh)

Congrats on your new babies!

Amy Queen-Edge