For those of you that know me, you know I have night blindness. It's not a huge obstacle if you look for ways to work around it. One of the issues I have is early morning milking and chores. Our out buildings have lights....but getting across the paths surrounding them in the dark can be a bit tricky without a flashlight.
This is what I see stepping out on our patio first thing in the morning....
And here is the same view using a flash...
Years ago I found these little chinese lantern kindof lights...and I loved them for around the patio. Bob nearly had a stroke when he saw them. Eventually I wrapped them up and hid them in the milking barn way back under the milking stand where they'd be safe.
Yesterday I cleaned the milking barn and guess what I found! Yep, my trailer trash lights are now hanging around the outside of the milkroom....I think they look good.
They really are practical for what I needed. They were easy to put up, cheap to run, and don't look like I forgot to take down Christmas lights.
They fit nicely from the front door, around the corner to the window....
And most importantly they add enough light behind the kid barn for me to sneak in the back door in the mornings...(behind the barn = storage area for lots of junk)
Ditto sure was surprised to see me pop through that door...
He is feeling much better, by the way...although he is having a minor procedure done today....
And I didn't have to wade through my adoring fans to put milk in the bucket...
And despite my new barn decoration, he still loves me enough to surprise me on Valentines day with a beautiful Azalea topiary...
The hound pup was his special redneck touch. He's been telling me for months that he wants to get a hound dog.
Aren't the flowers beautiful?
We've been married 26 years and he still brings me flowers. :)










2 comments:
The azalea is absolutely lovely...tell Bob he needs to give the florist a call 'coz mine didn't arrive.
Ditto? Proceedure? I am sincerely concerned...is that why you needed help? i told you i was available for the end of the week...
Love it! Ya' need a couple of those Adirondack chairs - and you'll be totally hooked up! Gorgeous Topiary! And the Houndog wish.. trust me. Rent one, first. LOL
Post a Comment