Her daughter and friends are girl scouts and were needing to earn a cooking badge. Well, their troop leader was kind enough to allow them to earn their cooking badge if they processed some chickens. Since I never turn down an opportunity to teach anyone that wants to learn...we made a day of it. It was the first day of Spring and the weather was turning cold. These girls worked hard in freezing rain and got the job done! They certainly deserve their badges!
The weather got colder as the day progressed, and this morning I woke up to SNOW!
I thought I was done doing barn chores in the freezing cold! My freshly pruned rosemary hedge looked like a flocked Christmas tree.
Most of the things we had planted in the garden are pretty cold tolerant...
The things that are heat lovers (like the peppers, cherry tomatoes) we covered to protect them from frost. Many of the other plants are in pots or still in flats waiting to be planted...so we just had to carry them in. I forgot to bring in my flat leafed parsley...hope it will be okay!
It's holding at freezing now....but tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60's.





No comments:
Post a Comment