In this bed I've planted 10 strawberry crowns that border the left footpath, lettuce plants, cabbage, onion sets, some mint, oregano, horseradish, 2 cherry tomato plants, and carrot seeds.
Here's a shot from the other side...
Now for the fun stuff.....check out these neat metal "sculptures" that I found....
At least they add some color to the bed.
And I fell in love with this little patio table!
The patio area is where we spend a lot of outdoor time in the evenings just relaxing and visiting. When I saw this neat barrel I couldn't resist....I decided to make it a water feature.
This footpath is next on the to do list. It goes from the goat yard around into the milking parlor and kid barn.
Bob moved a couple of railroad ties to outline the footpath and to keep visitors from pulling their cars too far forward. My soon-to-be-son-in-law didn't see the railroad tie and bumped into it the first day...so I made a warning sign...
So the first veggies of the year are in the ground! The weather is warming already, and we're back up to nearly a dozen eggs a day. I LOVE SPRING!








2 comments:
Your place is beautiful! There is just nothing like being the caretaker of a parcel of God's wonderful earth! I LOVE the beware of log sign........love the sense of humor!!
Thanks! My son in law (soon to be) still gives me the evil eye over it....but the rest of the family thinks it's a hoot. :)
Post a Comment