I did a severe pruning on the Rosemary hedge; it's still not quite finished but is a little more under control now. In the foreground we've got Chinese cabbage, and Broccoli just the other side.
This is the other end of the garden, where I've planted 2 Red Raspberry canes. This is the spot that I have used for cucumbers in the past. In front of them is a trio of Pimento Peppers....I am hoping to make pimento goat cheese later this summer...
Along the front wall of the house I have planted 7 horseradish roots...it's a good spot for them because they should grow there without freezing over the winter.
I'm also planting a few containers this year, this one is a Flat Leaf Italian Parsley...
And this is something I've never seen before, but thought it was pretty (and tasty) so I bought 2 of them....
It's called Texas Terragon. I use a lot of Terragon when I grill and make sausages so I'm sure we will use a lot of this besides enjoying the splash of color.
The other color splash is coming from the Rosemary hedge that is blooming again. I just love these delicate little flowers!
And next on the menu....the turkeys are here! 24 total, 12 BB Whites and 12 BB Bronze. They are in the brooder box for a few days to get on their feet and figure out how to eat and drink, then they will graduate up to the kid stall .








3 comments:
I'll give you a fast one for the Texas Tarragon! Boil your new potatoes and drain 'em. Add a stick of butter back into the pan before putting the potatoes back into the pan. Chop your Tarragon ( start with about a Tablespoon and add more if you like ) and put into the pan with salt/pepper. Melt and meld for a minute or so before adding the potatoes back in (med. low heat). Slosh the potatoes around the mix until you see the butter mix begin to thicken and stick to the potatoes! Pig out!! LOL
Thanks! I'll give it a try!
Very nice. I can't get over your dirt, it is as black as coffee. That is a nice edging, I couldn't make out if it was a stepping path, or if it was a slate stone, but it's a nice touch.
Post a Comment