We finally spotted a sign of life on the grapevine. I was really concerned that our hard winter had done it in...
Even the spindly blueberry bush has a couple of buds!
As for some of our newly planted things, our Red Raspberry canes are brimming with new growth...
The Horseradish is starting to come up....7 plants in all...
Of course there are a couple of projects to get done....such as cleaning the water garden...it is always icky after winter...
Our new arrivals are settling in fine. The turkeys are now free ranging...
And the pigs are in their new and improved pig pen.
And lastly, something I never get tired of seeing...the Rosemary hedge has more fresh blossoms...









3 comments:
Beautiful!
Have you harvested your horseradish yet? (last year)? We planted two horseradish plants, and they have done wonderfully, but we are unsure about harvesting - wanted them to get well established first. So teach me your tricks (best time of year to harvest, how to keep enough root to keep the horseradish growing, yet also harvest part) etc.
I had to plant new roots this year because I let the last ones freeze :( They were 3 yo roots, but I had kept them potted instead of dedicating part of the garden for them.
Dig them up in the fall of the second year, but be sure to leave some roots in the ground.
Post a Comment