Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cleaning Out the Cobwebs...

Ever have one of those weeks where you know you just have to get some sort of order back in your life or you might go crazy?  I've been building up to that for a few weeks now and it finally hit this week.  There has been a lot going on since the Christmas holiday.  We now have 5.....countem 5 extra people in the house.  Oh, and an extra dog.  But now my kids are all back in east Texas where they belong.  Oh I know that they are all moving on, they are just getting on their feet right now....but it's still nice.

So yesterday I spent the day outside in the kidding room and milk barn.  You have to keep in mind during the winter months I rarely even open the door out there.  No need to, it's a time for rest.  But yesterday the work began.  I was able to contact the lady that bought Joy (Legacy's last daughter) and Nommy (Happy's last daughter) and she agreed to bring them back to me!!  Needless to say I was doing the happy dance all day while cleaning and readying the isolation stall.  It nearly broke my heart to let these girls go last year...and the herd has not been quite right since they left.  Now that they are back I feel like the family is back together again.  Kind of like what's going on in the house....together again.
On the milking side of the barn I am cleaning out a lot of these....
An abundant crop of cobwebs this year.  Once they are all swept out I hope to put a fresh coat of paint on the walls.  Just in time too since we still have growing goat bellies....
I praise God for the reunion of our family, look forward to a brand new year, and we'll keep on working!

No comments: