Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finally Faith!

This is how poor Faith looked last night....misery defined.
She had contractions all day long, I stayed outside working so that I could keep an eye on her progress but there was none.  Finally by about 8:30 I went to bed; leaving my son in charge of watching her.  At 11:30 he woke me up to tell me that he thought she was in full labor. 
I got up, got things ready and went out to the kidding stall to find that she was in active labor....but it didn't take long to realize that something wasn't right.  She was having serious contractions but she just wasn't pushing.  By 3:00 am I decided to go in and try to find out what was going on.....and what I found was a mess of tangled up babies!  It took 9 minutes to get them sorted and
girl #1 was born at 3:09am weighing 6# 5oz
It took just 2 minutes for Girl #2 to arrive, 7# 11 oz
and then finally at 3:20am a buckling, 8# 14oz...born rear first and looking like a Holstein bull...
Needless to say, it was close to 7am before I got back to bed to catch a couple hours sleep!  Here's all 3 of them together...
And now the kid pen looks like this!
So we are done kidding until further notice.  Looking back on the calendar there hasn't been a month that Manny didn't sneak out to see the girls...even for a few minutes.  So there's always the possibility that we have some surprises....other than that we don't expect any more kids until late May!

2 comments:

~*~ Shar ~*~ said...

Phew! Glad you got them all sorted out and delivered successfully! Congrats on the cuties!

Unknown said...

Between you and Shar... I'm telling you... last time I felt like this was the year before I got pregnant with Lyndsey Rae! I want baby goats driving me nuts just as badly! Congratulations!! They're so pretty!