Faith is still not doing well since her very difficult delivery. Please keep in mind, I got my first goat over 20 years ago....we've had a lot of kids born. This was the most difficult delivery I've ever attended...where there were survivors. I started Faith on the obligatory antibiotic therapy following the delivery and monitering her temp. Last night her fever spiked and today it was still high. Not to mention the fact that she is off her feed and her milk production is down by 50%. So this morning we had to call in this guy....
Hopefully his treatments will get her back on her feet. I have every confidence in this vet and he's done great work for our family. He's also the vet that set poor little Hank's leg when he broke it. For now she is probably feeling a bit like a pincushion....and she's WAY too skinny for my liking.....
The really good news is since we had to pay for a barn call anyway, the big boys got their Rabies Vaccination for the year and we didn't have to haul them!
No comments:
Post a Comment