Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TOP Tuesday...Sloppy Joes

I have to make this a quick post since there are storms rolling in.  Today's Turn Over the Pantry's meal is Sloppy Joes!  I made a huge batch today using:

3 pints Canned Ground Beef
1/2 onion, chopped (3 T dried would do)
1 tsp dried garlic
1/2 bottle Ketchup
1 T Yellow Mustard
1/2-3/4 cup Brown Sugar
 
Lightly sautee the onion and garlic in a skillet until soft:
Add the other ingredients and simmer for about an hour....or until dark and gooey...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yumm looks good, so how does your canned burger taste? I have seen other posts that says it has a funny taste & texture. I have been wanting to try it but just havent becaouse I didnt want to waste the money if it dosent turn out.

Queenacres said...

You do have to be careful when using the canned ground beef because you won't ever get the "clumpiness" like if you are cooking it fresh. For sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce and casseroles it works great. I suggest you make 2-3 jars and try it for yourself since everyone's tastes are different. I also can meatballs and meatloaf using ground beef and it all tastes good.