And you can almooost see the 2# of pond sized goldfish in the fish tank...
Here's how the system sits for now....250 gallon fish tank with a grow bed (media depth varies from 6-8"). There's a submersible pond pump in the fish tank with a riser coming up to the grow bed. It has a 20-22 minute fill time, then the bell syphon kicks in and drains the bed into the fishtank in about 2 minutes.
I haven't done any water quality testing yet, but will do it after the system has a day or so to settle.
I still have a lot of work to do to make it eye appealing...but as long as the fish and plants don't complain...I guess I won't. Next job is to level around the tank and build a deck so that I don't have to stand on a chair to reach the plants.
Oh, and I have some serious kissing up to do with some goats. It seems they don't care for anything else that takes time away from them. The complaints can be heard from a mile away and I think I spotted them making picket signs and plotting a protest rally.



1 comment:
ahhhh...finally...a place for the pineapple tops!
Post a Comment