Saturday, September 1, 2012

Honey, Lemons, Ginger.....Tea

My sister in law passed along a blog post about a Korean tea made with honey and lemon.  It looked so interesting I made my own version of it.  If it turns out well, it should make a nice addition to our Christmas baskets!
Here are the ingredients:
I am adding ginger slices since ginger is very good for a cold and sore throat as well.  First I put a layer of honey into the jar...
Then I seeded the lemon slices, and cut them into quarters.  I figure if you're sick with the cold or flu you don't want to be picking seeds out of your tea...
Then I added a thin layer of honey...
And a layer of ginger...
Then another layer of honey, lemons, honey, ginger....etc.
I packed everything down tightly as I continued...
Then capped the jar and put it in the fridge.  I'll give it a week or two before I try it.
Here's the original article if you'd like to read it.
You use a spoonful of this in a mug, then add hot water to make a tea.  I can't think of anything more soothing on a cold winter day!

5 comments:

by Chickory Blossom said...

Oh man, that sounds and looks fabulous!!! i can't WAIT for Christmas!!!

um...i've been good enough, haven't i?

Tonia said...

I have seen this and think I am going to try it..

Unknown said...

I'm hoping to try this myself. It's the ginger that held me up, last time I went grocery shopping. They wanted almost $6.00 per piece for that stuff!!

Queenacres said...

Weldr....try ordering the ginger from sfherb.com I use the crystalized ginger. I love their herbs and their prices.

Mama to 12 said...

Wow. Looks great!