Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hanging On...

I am SO behind on posting. 
Essentially what has been going on is what happens every spring.  Utter chaos.
We've been working outside every warm moment we get.  Got the garden fence started, at least you can get an idea of where I'm going with this thing.
You have to picture it with a top rail, and all freshly painted....
And a garden gate in the archway...
By the way, here is the official announcement for Pete and Nommy's kids....
They are already getting so big.  Here they are soaking up some rays...
It looks like MoonPie is trying to have quads this year.  Last year she had a pair of elephant bucklings, so a girl or two would be nice this year from her.
Wonder what she's saying to them...
Here I think she's praying....because she still has 6 weeks before they are due!
And here is our sneaky girl.  Pie's half-sister Genesis.  Lounging in the sun so peacefully.  I think she has the most exquisite face....
I say she is sneaky because last night as I was milking Joy, Genesis quietly gave birth 5 days early.  A beautiful 5-pound-nothing daughter!  I'm calling her Heather.  She is a fine weaving of mixed fibers indeed.  Genesis is the last daughter born to our beloved Lace; and we bred her to Beaux for a mix of some of my favorite bloodlines.  She looks just like her daddy!
Here is the new kid with Fiona's 4 day olds, just to give you an idea of her size...
And little Heather marked number 12 of our H kids so far!
More birth announcements coming soon, for now the royal scribe has a fence toprail to build and laundry to do.  Oh yea, and a lot of milk to feed!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Moonpie is huge!!!! I bet she is praying for the blessed day to come soon! You have been blessed with the babies!

Unknown said...

Heather looks like she's gonna have a fun personality! She's got that look in her eye that screams prankster! Love, love, love her color and markings, too!